»

Friday, April 25, 2008

Can we still be friends??

So Dan and I have been yelled at for not updating our blog...ever. So sorry!! We are slackers indeed. Hopefully we can all still be friends!!?!

The biggest and best news right now is that we're expecting a baby!! Baby Brandt is on the way! September 26th is my due date. Currently, I just started my 19th week. Most of my weight is being distributed to my lower half, thank you. I have a small pooch for now, but it continues to grow each week.

I have given up my beloved Dr. Pepper for the baby. It hasn't been too difficult, but I do miss it. I only use it medicinally, as I've been getting migraines and such. It's the only thing that will aid me since Tylenol doesn't do much.

Dan and I are extremely anxious to find out the gender of our baby. We were hoping they'd tell us at our last appointment, but no luck. We have an ultrasound appointment set up for May 8th!! We'll let you know what we find out.

We both feel like it's a boy, but you never know. Going off different symptoms and wifes tales, I have both boy and girl symptoms.

We may be a little anti-social right now because I get so stinkin' tired. I work all day and then all I want to do is sleep.

OTHER NEWS!!! Dan just had his 28th birthday!! Yes, he's getting old, but is as sexy as ever! We have a fun date planned for Saturday if it's warm and are planning on doing some hiking and camping when the weather gets good. Anybody else up for that?

10 comments:

Courtney Vance said...

Welcome back guys! I guess we can still be friends now. I'm so excited for your little baby. I think its a boy but I'll be excited either way. I'm sorry about your headaches, I'm more than sympathetic in that department. I'm a slave to my migraines when I get them. Anyway, we need to hang out again soon.

Candace said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melissa Tiek said...

Wow! I finally had something new to read on your blog at work...I have a lot of time on my hands at work so I look at everyone's blog. We haven't seen you since we heard about the baby so congrats! We are way excited for you. Let us know the gender when you hear.

bstoutfamily said...

Oh my gosh, it is so great to hear from you all! So Congratulations... so exciting that you are pregnant!! We will be excited to hear what you are having too!! What are you both up to know...where are you working? Are you still in the same house at Traverse? Anyway, I will be excited to be able to keep in touch! Talk to ya soon!! :)
--JEn

Katie said...

Yay Candace! I'm happy you've got a blog! I'm totally adding you to my list of friends and family.

I'm just so happy that you guys are expecting your first baby! That's suck wonderful news! :

I love you girl!

Katie said...

suck=such!

I wasn't too careful typing, was I?

Not quite Utards said...

Congratulations you guys!!! Can't wait to hear what you are having. I heard from someone at church that you were expecting and not feeling well. I know how that goes...it sucks (and yes, I meant sucks not such. =) ) Let me know if you ever need tips or hints on how to get rid of heart burn, nauseau, leg cramps, etc. I had it all. I hope you start feeling better soon! And, I had to do the same thing with the caffeine b/c tylenol alone just didn't do it for my headaches. Power to ya, Candance!! Good luck!

Allison Tiek said...

It's so good to finally see something new on your blog. I must have been inspired to check your blog because I've totally gotten out of the habit. But we need to hang out soon. We didn't even get to see Dan on his big birthday. And I can't believe you're going to find out what you're having so soon. I hope it's a boy so he can join our clain of boys but it would probably be good to mix it up with a girl. Anyway, hopefully we'll see ya soon!

Nikki said...

Congrats on the babe candace! That is so exciting. Send me your email address so I can add you to my blog. nikkitolman@yahoo.com

Er Bear said...

hey look! i just got a blog!! now we can definitely keep in touch!! i love the baby counter.... exciting!!